DimSport New Genius K-touch ECU programmer Install on Win7 / XP 32 bit (Hot)
This post is about DimSport New Genius K-touch ECU programmer Install on Win7 32 bit and XP 32bit. And the fatal error on win 7 can be solved 100% by only replacing raceloc.dll.
Windows XP / win 7 32bit
Read carefully following 4 notes before installation k-touch:
1) Disconnect the network connection before installing k-touch.
2) Watch carefully the video demo contained in the DVD. one is for installing on win7 32bit, another is for installing on xp 32bit
3) make sure the driver is installed successfully; otherwise you may get other errors when you go on reading writing ECU data.
4) When you read and write ECU data, just plug new genius device to the Vehicle OBD port, no need connect to the computer.
K-touch Installation on win7 32bit
1) Install “wrar362” that is contained in the DVD rom.
2) Copy “K-touch software” folder and paste to the desktop.
3) Right click “DVD RW Drive (E:) K-touch, Eject it.
4) Install “setup 1”.
Open “K-touch software” folder, click “setup1”, open “fscommand”, open “Setup_RaceEVO” to install wizard, select language, then continue to finish updating your system.
Go on Race EVO (rev.431 build 829) setup 1- installAware Wizard.
Note: dimensione Sport Customer code is C7535
Go on till you complete the wizard for Race EVO (rev.431 build 829) setup 1 setup, Note: not Run Race EVO (rev.431 build 829) setup 1 now, remove the tick.
Delete “Race2000” on the desktop.
5) Install “Setup 2”
After complete installing extract file, open the yellow icon on the desktop, you may get a error message reading “Fatal error: Invalid version of RaceLoc.dll”. Click “OK”. The solution is (Don’t worry, go on reading for solution)
Fatal error working solution: after completed setup, you need to manually replace raceloc.dll C:UsersYour PC NameAppDataLocalDimWareRaceEVO7.0.
Back to “K-touch software” folder, extract “setup3” and you will get the “RaceLoc.dll”.
Go to C:UsersYour PC NameAppDataLocalDimWareRaceEVO7.0, find out “RaceLoc.dll” and delete it. (Note: AppDataLocalDimWareRaceEVO7.0 may be hided, just click Orgnize- folder options – view and let them show.
Copy the “RaceLoc.dll” from the “setup3”, and then replace the deleted “RaceLoc.dll”.
6) Click the yellow icon “K-touch”, agree the license, click “No” to connect network.
7) Follow this picture to plug new genius device into the computer.
Then Go to Device Manager to check if you can see “DimSport – New Genius Device”, if yes, new genius build a good communication with your computer.
8) Read and write ECU data with New Genius Device
Open the software, select “K-Touch”, then “Explore”, you will see New Genius hardware version is V5.005.0003.
Read ECU data: Click “Genius:/FileReadDF, then save it. Then read “1015” and save, then “12222”.
Write ECU data: Click “Genius:/FileWrite, import file “DF”, “1015” and “12222” one by one and write them.
K-touch Installation on win xp 32bit
1) Install “setup 1”.
2) Open folder “K-touch software” – “setup1” – “fscommand”, then “Setup_RaceEVO” to install wizard, select language, then continue to update your system. One window will pop up requiring you restart the computer.
3) After the computer restart, go on updating you system, you just click next to automatically install the required program. Note: windows XP is slow to updating system, usually the poorer the computer configuration the slower the updating speed.
The dimension Sport Customer code is C7535.
Complete the wizard for Race EVO (rev.431 build 829) setup 1 setup, Note: not Run Race EVO (rev.431 build 829) setup 1 now, remove the tick.
4) Delete “Race2000” on the desktop. then install “Setup2”
5) Install “setup 3”
6) Plug the new genius device to the computer, then install the driver, you have to go to Device Manager to check whether you can see “DimSport – New Genius Device”, if the new genius not build a good communication with your computer, you may get other errors when you go on read and write ECU data.
7) Open K-touch software, agree the license, and then go on reading and writing ECU data.
Hope it helps!