MPPS v21 vs MPPS V18 (obd2, Multiboot, Tricore)
MPPS software excels in obd2, Multiboot, Tricore for Marelli ECU’s… MPPS v21 vs MPPS V18… The comparison includes software and hardware (PCB), update info, car list, user review… Here you go…
Mpps tuning tool:
Mpps v21 Mpps v18 (tested OK)
Mpps V21 V18 PCB:
Mpps v21 pcb (only used by a few people, not sure the quality)
Mpps v18 pcb (tested by pros and thousands of users, works stable and fast)
MPPS software functions and features:
MPPS V21 new features:
*Volvo ME7 CAN R/W/Cks
Bench only at the moment.
*Volvo EDC15C11 CAN R/W/Cks
Bench only at the moment.
*Bentley ME7.1.1 CAN R/W/Cks
*VAG ALL TDI Bosch EDC17 X UDS drive now supports *EDC17C46 and EDC17C64 ECUs.
Must be unlocked first using an MPPS container file.
*Generic Tricore VAG Only Multi ECU – MPPS Container file flasher.
*Can be used to flash firmware updates and OBD UNLOCK files created using new VAS FRF file utility in tricore boot plugin.
*Added new file checksum utility for tricore, now supports:
(M)EDC Flash checksum
(M)EDC Eeprom checksum
Added new VAS FRF file special function utility in tricore boot:
Create MPPS container file from FRF file.
Can be used to perform software updates using new protocol in MPPS.
Create OBD UNLOCK MPPS container file from FRF file.
Can be used to perform OBD unlock using new protocol in MPPS, currently supports Bosch EDC17C46 and EDC17C64.
Create READ UNLOCK MPPS container file from FRF file.
Can be used to perform full read unlock using new protocol in MPPS, currently supports Simos PCR. More options will be added for this ECU in future releases!
Create BIN file from FRF file.
Can be used when ECU can not be read from OBD.
MPPS V18 features & functions:
The MPPS v18 ecu chip tuning tool offers like most other tools reading / writing operations and checksum support, however it also includes some additional features:
Excellent recovery functions. In some cases MPPS can recover ECU’s which others tools can not even make communications with. On certain controllers it even works when with no program is present (a blank memory).
Selectable full / partial reading and writing when the ECU allows this function.
Selectable reading / writing speed.
Writing “changes only” function for faster programming (when supported by the ECU).
Auto detection of K-Line/CAN, and option to bypass and force preferred means of communication.
Temporary bypass of immobiliser to allow flashing on the bench on ME7 systems.
Boot mode support for ECU’s with C167 and ST10 processors.
EEprom read/write functions for some ECU’s are included.
VAG MEDC17 TPROT level checking without opening the ECU.
– Tricore Boot
This module adds boot mode support for controllers with the tricore processor.
Auto detects ECU and processor type. No need to select from list, everything is automatic!
Read/Write of all memories Eeprom, Irom, Xrom (where possible)
Patch function for OBD Flashing of TPROT ECU’s (supports only VAG at the moment)
TPROT / DS check feature, for testing if TPROT is active without opening ECU.
Supports Bosch upto TP12
Supports Siemens (current only for ECU’s without password protection),
Support for unlocking of VAG Simos PCR and Simos 8
Checksum Correction supported for Bosch MEDC17
This module adds support for advanced functions on Marelli ECU’s.Features:
Read / Write of Micro, Flash and EEprom without using a BDM programmer!
Fiat 6F3 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Fiat 6JF – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line.
Fiat 8DF – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line.
Fiat 8F2 – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Fiat 8F3 – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Fiat 8GM – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over CAN.
Fiat 8GS – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over CAN.
Fiat 5SF3 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over CAN.
Fiat 5SF3 – Full Read / Write EEprom over K-Line.
Fiat 5SF8 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Fiat 5SF9 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over CAN.
Fiat ME7.9.10 – Full Read / Write Micro over CAN.
Fiat ME7.6.3 – Full Read / Write Micro over CAN.
Opel 6O2 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Opel 6O3 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
Opel 6JO – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom
Mpps car list download:
Mpps v21 car list download on Mega:
MPPS V18 car list download: (officially rolled out at eobdtool.co.uk for mpps clone)
Mpps tuning review:
MPPS V21 review:
– The tool works as it is designed for… R/W ECU without issues.
– The cable is a nice quality OBD male cable, it looks like many ones, but it’s a true EU Clone MPPS V21 fully open (Tricore, MultiBoot, OBD). Tricore cable adaptor looks like many ones too, but very well made!
– Of course I did but he neglected to listed like everyone else, so were sending him a new cable like people who had the issue before it was determined. Anyways everyone who had there cable burned we replaced and there usingMPPS v18 with no issues. MPPS v21 was NO big update, it was just a timebomb and released solely for the purpose of killing clones
– The tool was initially sold as MPPS v18, before we knew about the timebomb amt put inside of MPPS v21 we had told users they could update, our mistake. Although every user who had issue with a dead cable was sent a free cable replacement overnight to them via fedex. No one was left in the dark and everyone was contacted and post was made telling everyone about the timebomb and to not use MPPS v21, only MPPS v18. This thread should be closed as the problem has been resolved for all parties involved.
– I also received a replacement cable. Now it works ok with latest v18 version.
But i did not receive any notification, not to use it with mpps v21.
Actually it was sold with a privillage of being able to work with mpps v21.
Also, not true about no differences with mpps v21.
mpps v18 doesn’t support EDC17C64, which is the main reason i purchased the tool in the first place.
So now i am hoping you will remove the timebomd from the v21 and receive the update in the next few months.
– It’s shipping with mpps v18 at the moment, we’re still working on mpps v21. Everything is working properly with the shipped sw
MPPS V18 review:
– Med17.x.x works no problem
– its working perfectly. All modules are open including tri-core
– For all TC, 1797 included its auto read/write
– I have tested on 6F3.
– Read/Write all Micro, flash and eeprom via OBD.
– Very fast and stable tool.
– If can not extract password it is useless.
– have just manage to read via obd with multiboot function a Bosch ME7.9.10 from Fiat Punto T-JET 1.4 turbo … This tool is the only one that can read from obd this ecu …..
– writing a file on a EDC16 Octavia 2. Restarted the laptop and used restore option to write original file back. Took 5 mins to write and was all ok.
– on PSA 207 edc16c34, Can read/write ok and ducato edc16c39 read/write ok
– 100% no problems bootmode
– tested with PSA MEV17.4 TC1766 Read/Write via Boot Mode okay,
– OBD – K line (MPC555+95320) MJD 6JF Fiat/Opel micro+eeprom Read/Write ok.
-Ford – SID206
– Opel – EDC16C9/39,PSG16CAN Read/Write OBD ok
– Good to hear 6jf fiat works
– Opel Astra H 1.7CDTI 125PS (98002895 Z17DTR DENSO) – Read/Write OBD(CAN)- ok.
– read edc16 partner 1.6hdi and marelli corsa 1.3cdti and wrote ok,
– Tested BMW EDC16C31 , read/write OK from windows 8 64bit
(BIG THANKS to all mpps users at eobdtool.co.uk)
MPPS V21 hasn’t been tested be professional engineers work for eobdtool.co.uk. For sake of security, it would be a good option of using MPPS V18:
MPPS V18 or Kess or KTAG or FgTech 4, which you do you need really?